As your birth doula, I am ready to serve you and your partner. My desire is to empower you and facilitate an environment for you to flourish during this amazing time in your life. Being able to relax and get into your “birth mind” during labor is what will really give you the power and strength to listen to your instincts. The birth environment should be a quiet, intimate environment that will create peace and calmness (the same environment that makes a baby, births a baby!) I hope to help you get that no matter where you choose to deliver.
Birth Doula Services:
- Initial interview to get to know each other and allow you the time to decide if you would like me to partner with you during this special time (FREE of charge)
- 3 visits before your delivery to talk about your plans for birth and your birth options, develop your birth plan, provide you with evidence-based information, help you prepare as a couple for the birth experience, and accompany you to a doctor’s visit
- Support available by email and phone
- Continuous support throughout your entire labor and every contraction including an assortment of comfort measures, relaxation guidance, massage, positioning techniques, and more
- A written “Birth Story” for a keepsake
- 2 postpartum visits: the day after you return home (or a couple days after giving birth at home) and another within the first two weeks after birth for breastfeeding consultation, to give you a helping hand, share information, helping dad with his part in nursing, and/or any other mothering that might help you and your spouse nurture your little one even more
- FREE_Baby Massage&Newborn Care Class!!!
What do Birth Doula Services Cost? Are there Payment Plans available?
As a doula I want every birthing mom and dad to have a doula by their side supporting them all the way. Therefore, I work with each couple where they are; payment plans are an option if needed. My Birth Doula fee is $550.00. This fee includes all of the services above (3 antepartum visits, phone/email support, continuous birth support, 2 postpartum visits, and a baby massage session), self-employment costs, and 24/7 on-call services 2-weeks before and 2 weeks after your due date. For families living out of the Valley Ranch, Coppell, Farmers Branch, Las Colinas, Irving, Grapevine, Southlake area there is a nominal transportation fee that is based on travel distance, etc. These fees allows me to be readily available for each of my clients. This commitment is very important to me; therefore, I limit my schedule so that I won’t encounter birth time conflicts. However, in the unlikely event that a time conflict does occur for some reason; I have a back-up doula available that can meet with the clients prenatally if the family desires.
Standardly, I have the first payment of $350 paid at the first prenatal visit as a non-refundable deposit with the second payment of $200 being paid within 3 weeks of the due date. Other payment plans and alterations of services to fit the family can be discussed upon meeting each other. (Options for Medicaid participants available)
When considering if having a doula for your birth will be worth the costs, look at all the benefits and the possibility of avoiding all the extended costs associated with surgical or medicated births, if that is a desire of yours. Having the extra support and assistance will be priceless to you and your family during this memorable time.