To protect and enhance the lives of women, children, and families by supporting natural, healthy pregnancies, births, and postpartum care and promoting and educating safe, evidence-based labor and delivery caregiving.
We will decrease maternal and infant mortality and other birth related traumas by increasing awareness, knowledge, safety, and support.
UjalaMama Core Principles
- Birth is a natural, healthy process.
- Women are competent and capable to deliver babies.
- Mothers are integral in the birthing process and family structure.
- Every birthing experience affects the mother and the family.
- Breastfeeding is beneficial and has lasting effects on babies and mothers.
- Birth is a natural, special, and sacred process that deserves respect and attention no matter the environment or location of the birth.
- Safe, healthy medical care is a right of every individual.
- Everyone deserves a fulfilling life.
- Knowledge is power and affects society as a whole.